Puget Sound Refinery Maintenance Profile – Rob Holliman
Maintaining Equipment to Avoid Emergency Situations
Puget Sound Refinery Maintenance Profile – Nick Clement
Puget Sound Refinery Maintenance Profile – James Kent
May is for maintenance
Orca recovery: Trees and pocket estuary help the food chain
Proudly Fueling the Pacific Northwest through a pandemic
Puget Sound Refinery
Shell Puget Sound Refinery (PSR) is part of Washington’s Skagit County community where generations of area residents have found jobs, built careers, supported families and strengthened their communities. PSR’s more than 600 employees and contractors work in a safe and environmentally responsible way to deliver the fuel that powers community and economic life in the Pacific Northwest. The PSR team is committed to honoring community trust.
SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST
- Nothing is more important than keeping PSR employees, contractors and the community safe.
- PSR’s safety program includes regular training sessions and continual review of processes to help ensure that workers, neighbors and the environment are safe.
- PSR maintains its own in-plant fire, hazmat, medical and oil spill response teams with modern equipment and more than 130 trained responders.
- Since 2015 PSR has invested approximately $200 million in personal and process safety improvements across the site.
INVESTING IN A SHARED FUTURE
- Shell PSR employees are highly involved in their local communities. In 2020, employees and PSR combined to donate more than $500,000 in Shell grants and sponsorships, employee contributions and corporate matches back to the community.
- PSR supports dozens of local nonprofits each year for their work toward environmental stewardship, public health and STEM education.
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY
- Shell PSR is the largest taxpayer in Skagit County, helping support critical services in our community.
- On average over the past several years, PSR paid roughly $40 million annually in federal, state and local taxes.
- Nearly 10% of all taxes paid to the Anacortes School District come from PSR.
INSIDE PUGET SOUND REFINERY
Learn more about Shell Puget Sound Refinery, its history and the highly sophisticated processes that refine raw crude oil into products residents in the Northwest use in their everyday lives.
Shell Puget Sound Refinery is deeply committed to the communities surrounding our site, and we work closely with local organizations to identify opportunities that drive long-term value for their residents.
Shell Puget Sound Refinery is part of the Skagit County community where generations of area residents have found jobs, built careers, supported families and strengthened their communities.