Community Grants funds 13 organizations in Deer Park, Pasadena and La Porte
Sep 17, 2020
Shell Deer Park gives $30,000 to non-profits organizations.
Last year, Shell announced the Community Grants program to celebrate its 90th anniversary in Deer Park. We’re pleased to bring this program back this year with $30,000 being distributed to 13 organizations powering progress in our community. Our panel of community members reviewed the applications and selected the organizations they believed would have the greatest impact on the greatest number of people in our community.
The 2020 Community Grants recipients are:
- Pasadena Animal Shelter – funding the spay and neuter program to reduce overpopulation.
- Clothed By Faith – providing back to school clothing for DPISD & PISD.
- City of La Porte Texas – for mitigation projects aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- La Porte Education Foundation – funding the Keep Arts Alive program.
- Sarah’s House – funding the purchase of IT equipment and programming to help individuals access professional development to reenter the workforce.
- Texas Chiropractic College – funding will be used to purchase food to stock the campus food bank.
- Community Pregnancy Center of Pasadena – funding will go towards the purchase of mobile ultrasound technology for pregnancy education in the community.
- Sisters in Recover Inc (SIR) – funding to help women access GEDs, driver’s licenses, etc. needed to reenter the workforce.
- Skills Transitioning & Employment Pathways to Success (STEPS) – Training and Employment Enterprise for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities in Deer Park.
- Habitat for Humanity Pasadena – continuing education on financial management for habitat for humanity home owners.
- Pasadena Police Department Community Service Division – this program, in partnership with PISD Education Foundation, helped to fill the bus with school supplies for the 2020 school year.
- Clearhope Counseling Center- the grant funds will be used to address urgent mental health needs. The cost of therapy is often a barrier to accessing urgently needed care. The funds will specifically be used by those who are unable to pay (uninsured) or those with high deductibles or copayments (underinsured).
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters Inc- funding will be directed towards the capital campaign for the Daycare Community Center.
More in Deer Park Manufacturing Site
Shell Deer Park invests in the latest technology and makes improvements in operating procedures and training programs so it reduces its footprint and achieves continuous improvement in environmental performance.
At Deer Park Chemicals, we power progress by providing the building blocks that make everyday products and are the solutions for our future, all from the historic birthplace of Texas.