Apply for a Scholarship
Feb 15, 2018
Shell Deer Park is proud to sponsor two scholarships for the 2018 and 2019 academic years.
Application period January 2nd – March 31st, 2018
Shell Associate Degree Scholarship Program
Shell is currently offering scholarships up to $2,200 to students who are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in process technology, instrumentation, pipeline integrity or in maintenance crafts (electrician, millwright/machinist, pipefitting and welding).
Who is Eligible
- Both full-time and part-time students are eligible for the scholarships.
- Eligible expenses include tuition, books, fees, and educational supplies.
- Scholarship continuation will be evaluated at the end of each semester and will be based on student performance as described in the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship award is primarily based on scholastic performance. The minimum application criteria, is a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. If awarded a scholarship, the recipient must maintain a 2.5 grade point average and remain in good standing in the degree program.
- The applicant must be a US citizen or authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.
How to Apply
For additional assistance or inquiries contact
- Scholarship Administrative Office
- Email: Shellscholarships@hccsfoundation.org or call 713-718-6379
**All scholarship applications must be completed & submitted before mid-night on March 31st, 2018h**
Shell Deer Park is proud to sponsor two scholarships for the 2018 and 2019 academic years. Only students who are residents of Deer Park, La Porte or Pasadena, Texas are eligible for this scholarship. Only those students (including dual credit students) seeking to study in the following fields are eligible: Process Technology, Instrumentation, or an Industrial Maintenance Craft Major including Millwright/Machine Technology, Welding, Electrical, or Pipe-fitting. The minimum application criterion is a 2.5 grade point average. Once awarded, the recipient must maintain a 2.5 grade point average and remain in good standing in the degree program. Students will be required to submit college transcripts verifying grades and attendance at the end of each semester and/or school year in order for funds to be released for the upcoming semester.
More in Deer Park Manufacturing Site
Shell Deer Park invests in the latest technology and makes improvements in operating procedures and training programs so it reduces its footprint and achieves continuous improvement in environmental performance.
At Deer Park Chemicals, we power progress by providing the building blocks that make everyday products and are the solutions for our future, all from the historic birthplace of Texas.