@shellstationsus + shell freedom over texas #recreateresponsibly sweepstakes terms and conditions
Official Sweepstakes Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW: Purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. Internet access may be required. Void where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The “#RecreateResponsibly Sweepstakes (“the Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Shell Oil Company (the “Sponsor”).
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 07/04/21 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 07/06/21. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry. You must have a valid email address and identified social account, where necessary, to participate. Photos received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address or the social account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible, incomplete, offensive or inappropriate entries will be disqualified. Employees of Shell Oil Company ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, prize suppliers, including but not limited to, those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of, this Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: Online/Social: Commencing on or about July 4, 2021, to receive one (1) entry for the Program Sweepstakes, eligible participant will need to post a photo showing how they are enjoying the outdoors with #RecreateResponsibly and #sweepstakes and include @ShellStationsUS within the caption on Instagram. Entrants may only receive one (1) total entry. Sponsor may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if they believe that your Entry fails to conform to the restrictions. Your Instagram account will need to be set to public to enter this Sweepstakes. Creating an Instagram account is free and can be created by creating an account on www.instagram.com.
Mail-In: Mail a sealed envelope (postmarked on or before the last day of the Sweepstakes Period) including a page or postcard with your name, your complete mailing address (including zip code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and a valid email address and mail it to: Shell Oil Company, 150 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston, TX 77079. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Mail-In Entries must be legible. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked no later than July 6, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Close Date”) and received before the Draw Day commences on July 28, 2021. Mail-In Entry must be an original (no photocopies or other reproductions) and mailed bearing sufficient postage. Limit of one (1) Entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for online entries in this Sweepstakes. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Sweepstakes cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s Entry will be deemed ineligible. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- WINNER SELECTION: On Wednesday, July 28, 2021 (the “Draw Day”) forty (40) potential prize winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor or its designees, in accordance with these Official Rules.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Prize winners will be notified by Instagram direct message using the Instagram account used to enter OR by email listed in the mailed-in entry. The Sponsor shall have no liability if the winner notification is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winner does not respond as directed within two (2) business days of the first notification attempt, or if the Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential winner, the potential winner will forfeit his/her Prize and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. If the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner will be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES/ODDS OF WINNING: There are forty (40) Prizes available to be won. Prizes awarded will be one (1) of any of the following items: a limited-edition HTent brand fishing pole autographed by Jimmy Houston (three prizes (3) available with an approximate retail value of the rod and reel combo is $79.95), a Jimmy Houston branded t-shirt (five prizes (5) available with an approximate retail value $17.95), 1:24 Scale 2019 Joey Logano Shell-Pennzoil NASCAR Diecast Car produced by Lionel Racing (ten prizes (10) available with an approximate retail value $30.00), Shell Gift Card (twenty-two prizes (22) available with an approximate retail value $50.00). Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. Each Prize winner agrees that the Prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the Prize winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, or a portion thereof, with a Prize or Prizes of equal or greater value The Prizes are subject to availability and subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a Prize not specified herein as being awarded are winner’s sole responsibility. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. GENERAL: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the internet portion of the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize by random drawing from all entries for the Prize. In the event that the Sponsor is prevented from awarding Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated or suspended before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, notice thereof will be posted on the Website and the Sponsor will (if possible) select winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect registered entrants as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Sweepstakes materials or these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/ INTERNET: Entrants agree that the sponsor, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, web development companies, advertising agencies, (and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates), Sweepstakes agencies, Prize suppliers, Instagram, LLC),] and any other persons or entities participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively “Released parties”) shall (A) not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released and held harmless from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including, without limitation, travel), or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen entries, email or mail or Prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, inaccurate, or mutilated entries; or for errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in these Official Rules, in any drawing-related advertisements or other materials; or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Sweepstakes, human processing error, or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant (and disqualify him/her) who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- WINNER’S LIST: Upon the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, winner’s names will be available on the original Instagram post.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social media platform.
- SPONSOR: Shell Oil Company, 150 N. Dairy Ashford Rd., Houston, Texas 77079.
- TERMINATION, RECISSION, OR MODIFICATION: Sponsor may terminate, rescind, or modify this Sweepstakes in whole or in part at any time without notice in its sole discretion.