Shell Deer Park will consider charitable contributions to eligible non-profit organizations for select programs that fall within our focused areas of contributions.
- Education - We support local school districts -- with a primary focus on Deer Park and Pasadena -- for a variety of educational initiatives. We pay special attention to K-12 programs that boost math and science skills and prepare future industry workforce for both engineering and technical programs. We favor requests that demonstrate broad student body impact over smaller club activities.
- Workforce Development - Shell considers itself a leader in the workforce development space in the Deer Park area. The need for skilled technical workers in the upcoming years plays a critical role in the industry’s success, and Shell seeks to help upskill potential workers.
- Environment & Biodiversity - Protecting the environment is a top priority of our site and its employees. As part of this commitment, we support local projects that promote environmental stewardship, including restoration and protection of critical ecosystems, and support wildlife conservation and/or habitat projects.
- Civic & Community Need – We focus our civic and community need support primarily in the Deer Park area, and Shell aims to help the City of Deer Park reach its highest potential. We fund projects ranging from area-wide business and economic development initiatives to local neighborhood efforts.
- Emergency Response Planning – We are dedicated to protecting the community around us. It is critical that the community understands what to do in the case of an emergency, and that industry members know how to respond effectively and efficiently alongside each another and our first responders. Shell focuses on emergency communications and industry initiatives that support this outcome.
Shell Deer Park will prioritize charitable contributions to eligible non-profit organizations in nearby communities, including Deer Park, Pasadena and La Porte.
Note: Shell Corporate Social Investment may consider a donation requests from geographic areas outside of these communities. Please refer your application to this group.
Shell Deer Park supports a wide range of charitable organizations that are tax-exempt in the United States under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. However, we will not consider contributions for the following purposes:
- Private foundations
- Non-profit organizations without a current 501(c)(3) exempt status
- Conferences, workshops or seminars not directly related to Shell business interests
- Religious organizations that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
Shell Deer Park reviews unsolicited proposals on a regular basis, but due to the large volume of requests that we receive, we cannot fund every proposal.
Submit an Application
If your request falls within our focused areas of contribution and meets our eligibility requirements, please submit your proposal via our online grant application. You must complete all required fields in order for Shell Deer Park to consider your request. Your application should include a brief statement describing the mission of your organization, amount requested (including itemized budget information for the Shell funds on this specific project) and the purpose of the contribution. All required documentation is asked for at the time the application is submitted.
Effective Jan. 1, 2011, Shell Deer Park will only accept electronic proposals for community funding requests. All final decisions are published to your account page on the website listed below. Please allow up to sixty (60) days for a final decision.
Online Grant Form www.shell.us/grant