Social Investment & Membership
At Shell Deer Park, generations of area residents have built fulfilling careers, supported families and strengthened our community. We are deeply committed to the communities surrounding our site.
Shell Deer Park will consider charitable contributions to eligible non-profit organizations for select programs that fall within our focused areas of contributions.
- Education - We support local school districts for a variety of educational initiatives. We pay special attention to K-12 programs that boost Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills and look for requests that demonstrate broad student body impact over smaller club activities.
- Workforce Development - Shell considers itself a leader in the workforce development space in the Deer Park area. The need for skilled technical workers in the upcoming years plays a critical role in the industry’s success, and Shell seeks to help upskill potential workers.
- Environment & Biodiversity - Protecting the environment is a top priority of our site and its employees. As part of this commitment, we support local projects that promote environmental stewardship, including restoration and protection of critical ecosystems, and support wildlife conservation and/or habitat projects.
- Civic & Community Need – We focus our civic and community need support primarily through our Community Grants program. We fund projects ranging from area-wide business and economic development initiatives to local neighborhood efforts.
- Emergency Response Planning – We are dedicated to protecting the community around us. It is critical that the community understands what to do in the case of an emergency, and that industry members know how to respond effectively and efficiently alongside each other and our first responders. Shell focuses on emergency communications and industry initiatives that support this outcome.
Shell Deer Park will prioritize charitable contributions to eligible non-profit organizations in nearby communities, including Deer Park, Pasadena and La Porte.
Note: Shell Corporate Social Investment may consider a donation requests from geographic areas outside of these communities. Please refer your application to this group.
Deer Park Community Grants
The Community Grants program allows a panel of community members to select grants up to $5,000 (totaling $30,000) for non-profit organizations in Deer Park, Pasadena and La Porte.
The Community Grants program is open for applications from April 1 through May 31. Visit www.shell.us/deerparkgrants for more information.
More from Shell Deer Park
At Deer Park Chemicals, we power progress by providing the building blocks that make everyday products and are the solutions for our future, all from the historic birthplace of Texas.
Shell Deer Park invests in the latest technology and makes improvements in operating procedures and training programs so it reduces its footprint and achieves continuous improvement in environmental performance.