Shell is looking to partner with suppliers who share our common vision and values and our drive for providing more and cleaner energy solutions. A strong safety culture, rigorous performance standards and ability to scale up to meet demand are important to Shell.
What Shell Looks For
At Shell, we are focused on bringing qualified, diverse suppliers into our procurement process and helping them prepare to be an integral part of our supply chain. Here are the essential attributes that can help us start the process:
For the purposes of Shell’s Supplier Diversity Program, we look for businesses that are certified as minority-, women-, veteran-, LGBT-, and disabled owned businesses.
Businesses can establish diversity status by receiving a certification. Some examples of certifying partner organizations include the following:
- Affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Affiliates of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
In addition, Shell looks for:
- Business Readiness & Relevant Experience: Prospective suppliers should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and business acumen through completion of similar projects, participation in strategic partnerships, or subcontracting through qualified primes.
- Demonstrated Profitability & Financial Stability
- A Commitment to Safety: At Shell, we put the health and safety of our workers, suppliers, customers and the environment at the top of our agenda. Suppliers must demonstrate a company culture that is committed to safety with rigorous safety standards in place.
- Capacity/Scalability: Suppliers must demonstrate the capacity to scale up as needed.
Find Your Fit
Take The Next Step
Register your business with Shell. While inclusion in Shell SupplierGATEWAY does not guarantee procurement transactions, your profile will be utilized to better understand your capabilities as future needs arise.
Connect with us at one of the local, regional or national events we attend in support of Supplier Diversity.