Preparing Today’s Students For Tomorrow’s Workforce
We work with partners to engage with our communities where we live and work. Energize Your Future at Shell is our commitment to inspire and prepare today’s students for potential STEM related careers. With investments in strategic programs, outreach activities and partnerships, we believe that these 21st century learning opportunities can build the technical talent pipeline for tomorrow’s workforce.
Our strategic partners offer a variety of educational resources and activities for educators, parents and students. You can access these external resources by clicking their name.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- CCA Rising Tide
- FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- Geological Society of America
- Houston Museum of Natural Science - Wiess Energy Hall
- Houston Pre-freshman Enrichment Program (PREP)
- How Stuff Works, Inc
- HUNSTEM (Houston Urban Network for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities
- National Energy Education Development Project (NEED)
- National Energy Foundation (NEF)
- National Science Teachers Association
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- U.S. Department of Energy
To learn more about energy and technical career paths, you can visit these partners’ websites:
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Consumer’s Energy Alliance
- Energy Information Administration
- Fort Valley State University Cooperative Energy Development Program
- Great Minds in STEM
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering
- National Society of Black Engineers
- National Wind Technology Center
- North American Process Technology Alliance (NAPTA)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Society of Women Engineers
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- United Negro College Fund
Bamboo Learning - K-12 - This free Alexa platform provides an education-focused game that showcases notable but less-known historical figures. By saying to your device “Alexa, Luminary of the Day” you activate a search through Bamboo video database of influential people from diverse fields. Kids can enjoy Bamboo video books, math lessons, and music. To get started, just say “Alexa, open Bamboo Luminaries.”
Bedtime Math – Pre-K-5 - Bedtime Math’s mission is to introduce math as a fun part of children’s daily routine, as common and beloved as the bedtime story. Bedtime Math provides free apps, books and printable activity pages. The platform is targeted to children age 2 through elementary school.
Brain POP™ - K-12 - Features educational animated movies that help explain concepts and demystify math, science, health, technology, and english topics in an entertaining way for both children and adults.
CS First – Pre-K-12 - A free computer science curriculum that makes coding easy to teach and fun to learn.
CSTEMbreak – Pre-K-12 - CSTEMbreak is a free social network, ecosystem, that supports engagement and connectivity to STEM learning and opportunities. There are downloadable supplemental activities that can be done anywhere and toolkits are available and can be mailed to support the activities.
Children at Risk - Daily updates on COVID-19, education and health and wellness programming for parents and families. Information is also available in Spanish.
Common Sense Media – K-12 - Provides a number of resources for parents, educators, and advocates including media ratings and reviews so children can thrive in a digital world. Programming is also available in Spanish.
DiscoverE – K-12 - Works to ensure people everywhere understand how engineers, technicians, and technologists make the world a better place. View and download free cool content and activities.
Discovery Education – K - Provides strategies and support with unique features like “Ask Me Anything” office hours, virtual field trips, and daily home lessons by age group.
From ABCs to ACTs – K-12 - This website offers resources, activities, and printables organized by subject.
Khan Academy - K-12 - Standards-aligned practice and lessons covers math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, AP®, SAT®, and more. It’s all free for learners and teachers.
Smithsonian Institute - K-8 - The Smithsonian Science Education Center has developed STEM resources to support “Distance Learning”. This site is designed for everyone—students, teachers, and caregivers. It includes standards-aligned educational games, simulations, videos, eBooks, and hands-on lessons that require simple materials found at home.
The birthplace of Texas is now an energy hub, powering progress globally. Explore its rise and impact through the lens of the people, the city, and a company that call it home. Find additional educator resources to engage students in grades 4-8 in the responsible and sustainable development of energy.