Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
Shell Oil Company (“Shell”) offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program to underrepresented students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain universities. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, at Shell’s discretion, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to four years or until Bachelor degree requirements are complete, whichever occurs first.
Scholarship recipients are notified of their status during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for a scholarship through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program:
Candidate Application Requirements
All application and questionnaire requirements listed below must be completed between August 26 - December 15 for the candidate to be considered for a scholarship for the following academic year.
- Candidates must apply online at www.shell.us/careers and upload his/her latest resume and unofficial transcript.
- Candidates must successfully complete a Careers application and online assessment on www.shell.us/careers to be considered for a scholarship.
- Assessment results are valid for 12 months.
- If a candidate has applied in the past, the candidate must wait at least 365 days before re-applying or the application may be automatically regretted.
- Candidates must fully fill out an online questionnaire at https://wdies.com/scholarship/questionnaires/index and upload his/her latest resume and unofficial transcript.
Candidate Status Requirements
All candidate status requirements listed below must be met for the candidate to be considered for a scholarship.
- Candidates must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, or junior for the current academic year.
- Candidates must be enrolled full-time students in the year of the scholarship award. If the candidate is not a full-time student (i.e., not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), the candidate will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Candidates must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions (See list) for the year of the scholarship award. Transfers between Shell-approved institutions are permitted during the year of the scholarship award.
- Candidates must have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on a 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout any participation in the scholarship program.
- Candidates must major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Candidates must be a member of at least one of the following under-represented minorities: Black (Not of Hispanic Origin), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
All phases of the application requirements MUST be completed by December 15, to be considered for a scholarship award.
A scholarship award is also contingent on acceptance of an internship or full-time job opportunity with Shell if the internship or job opportunity is offered by December 15 of the current academic year and/or the year of the scholarship award, although receipt of a scholarship does not guarantee that an internship or full-time job opportunity will be offered or available to the scholarship recipient, or that the scholarship recipient will be eligible for such an internship or full-time job opportunity even if offered.
Please note that the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is one of two scholarship opportunities available through Shell & its subsidiaries and partners. Note: Students are eligible to receive only one Shell scholarship (either the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship or the Shell Technical Scholarship) per academic year.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of the summer following the submission of their application. Scholarship funds will be issued via one (1) check and will be mailed to university financial aid offices in August of the academic award year.
Shell contracts with International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) in Nashville, TN, to administer the scholarship payments and renewal processing. Scholarship recipients will be provided with contact information for ISTS upon confirmation of their scholarship award.
Please see the FAQ tab for additional information.
Shell reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, modify, or terminate the terms of the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program at any time without providing notice.