Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
The 2019 Shell Scholarship Program application process is effective January 15th, 2019 through March 15th, 2019.
Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program to underrepresented students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to four years or until Bachelor degree requirements are met, whichever occurs first. Scholarship recipients are notified during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified. Please refer to the Scholarship Renewal Criteria Section to review renewal requirements.
To qualify you must:
- Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior for the current 2018 – 2019 academic year.
- Must be enrolled full-time in year of the scholarship award (2019 -2020). If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), you will not be eligible for a scholarship that semester.
- Must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions (See list). Transfers between Shell-approved institutions are permitted.
- Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout your participation in the program.
- Major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Be a member of at least one of the following under-represented minorities: Black (Not of Hispanic Origin), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
All phases of the application process MUST be completed and received by March 15th, 2019, to be considered for the scholarship award.
Please note that the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is one of two scholarship opportunities available through Shell & its subsidiaries and partners. Note: Students are eligible to receive only one Shell scholarship (either the Shell Incentive Fund or the Shell Technical Scholarship).
Apply for the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students.
Please read the instructions below carefully prior to completing the Shell Scholarship Questionnaire.
To be considered for the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship, the candidate MUST complete the following:
Step 1: The Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire
- All Candidates must complete the Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire. [https://wdies.com/scholarship/questionnaires/sif/]
- The questionnaire may be started at any time and you may save your progress prior to submission. Please wait to submit the questionnaire until you have attached all required materials (see Step 2).
- As a reminder, the deadline to submit all materials is March 15th, 2019.
Step 2: Upload resume, transcripts and degree plan
- Candidates must upload their resume, Fall 2018 grade report, all unofficial transcript(s) and degree plan signed by a College Counselor or Advisor to their Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire. The degree plan is a list of classes designed to provide you with the foundation skills necessary to be successful at the entry level in a particular discipline. All candidates must upload their degree plan as an attachment.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2019. Scholarship checks will be sent to the Financial Aid office to be applied to the student’s account in the Fall of 2019.
Shell employs International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) in Nashville, TN, to administer the scholarship payments and renewal processing. Scholarship recipients will be provided with contact information for ISTS upon confirmation of their scholarship award.