Associate's Degree Students
This scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in any of the following two-year associate degree and technical disciplines.
Shell Oil Company offers up to $2200 annual scholarships through the Shell Associate Scholarship Program fund to students pursuing a 2-year degree in a specific technical and or craft field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to 3 years or until Associate degree requirements are met, whichever occurs first. Scholarship recipients are notified during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified. Please refer to the Scholarship Renewal Criteria Section to review renewal requirements.
To qualify you must:
- Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Enrolled as a freshman or sophomore for the current 2018 – 2019 academic year.
- Must be enrolled full-time in year of the scholarship award (2019 -2020). Be enrolled full or part-time in a two-year associate and technical degree program
- If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load), you must be enrolled with a minimum of 12 credits, in year of the scholarship award (2019 - 2020) you must be in a degree plan and are eligible for a maximum of $750 per semester for tuition, fees and books not to exceed $2200 total.
- Part-time students must enroll in a minimum of 6 and maximum of 11 credit hours that are applicable to a two-year degree plan in the list majors provided below and are eligible for a maximum of $500 per semester to complete the two-year degree program not to exceed $2200 total.
- Must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions (See two-year college list). Transfers between Shell-approved institutions are permitted.
- Have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout your participation in the program. Major in one of the following disciplines: Compressor/Compression Technology, Electrical/Electronic Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Integrated Production Technology, Instrumentation/Analyzer Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Machinist/Mechanical Technology, Pipefitting, Pipeline Integrity, Process Technology, Welding
All phases of the application process MUST be completed and received by March 15th, 2019, to be considered for the scholarship award.
Please note that the Shell Associate Scholarship Program for Students is the only scholarship opportunity available through Shell & its subsidiaries and partners. Note: Students are eligible to receive only one Associate Shell scholarship.
Please read the instructions below carefully prior to completing the Shell Scholarship Questionnaire.To be considered for the Shell Associate Scholarship, the candidate MUST complete the following:
Step 1: The Associate Scholarship Program Questionnaire
- All Candidates must complete the Associate Shell Scholarship Questionnaire.
- The questionnaire may be started at any time and you may save your progress prior to submission. Please wait to submit the questionnaire until you have attached all required materials (see Step 2).
- As a reminder, the deadline to submit all materials is March 15th, 2019.
Step 2: Upload resume, transcripts and degree plan
Candidates must upload their resume, Fall 2018 grade report, all unofficial transcript(s) and degree plan signed by a College Counselor or Advisor to their Shell Associate Scholarship Program Questionnaire. The degree plan is a list of classes designed to provide you with the foundation skills necessary to be successful at the entry level in a designated discipline. All candidates must upload their degree plan as an attachment.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of August 2019. Scholarship checks will be sent to the College Foundation or Financial Aid office to be applied to the student’s account in the Fall of 2019.
Applicants with questions about the application process can contact Shell.
Shell employs International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) in Nashville, TN, to administer the scholarship payments and renewal processing. Scholarship recipients will be provided with contact information for ISTS upon confirmation of their scholarship award.
More in Careers
Are you passionate about enhancing your career? Are you a professional with over 3 years experience? See how you can thrive in Shell’s collaborative and inclusive culture.
Are you a remarkable student or graduate with less than three years’ experience? Join us as we explore and discover better energy solutions together.
You may also be interested in
Shell is pleased to announce two scholarship programs which focus on developing talent in the engineering and geosciences fields.
This scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in two-year associate degree and technical disciplines.
Are you a full-time student? You may qualify for our scholarships for Bachelor's Degree Students