Associate's Degree Students
This scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in any of the following two-year associate degree and technical disciplines.
The Shell Associate Scholarship Program application is open November 1 – March 15th
Shell Oil Company (“Shell”) offers up to $2200 annual scholarships through the Shell Associate Scholarship Program fund to students pursuing an Associate degree in a specific technical and/or craft field of study at one of the specified institutions (See list). The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, at Shell’s discretion, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to 3 years or until Associate degree requirements are met, whichever occurs first. Scholarship recipients are notified during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified. Please refer to the Scholarship Renewal Criteria section to review renewal requirements.
Scholarship Qualification and Renewal Criteria:
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student at one of the specified institutions (Add link) in the year of the scholarship award. Transfers between Shell-approved institutions are permitted during the year of the scholarship award.
- Candidates must be enrolled full or part-time in an associate or technical degree program and majoring in one of the following disciplines during the year of the scholarship award: Compressor/Compression Technology, Electrical/Electronic Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Integrated Production Technology, Instrumentation/Analyzer Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Machinist/Mechanical Technology, Pipefitting, Pipeline Integrity, Process Technology, Welding.
- Full-time students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester that are applicable to an associate or technical degree plan in the majors listed above in the year of the scholarship award, may be eligible for a maximum of $750 per semester for tuition, fees, and books, not to exceed $2200 total annually.
- Part-time students enrolled in a minimum of 6 and maximum of 11 credit hours per semester that are applicable to an associate or technical degree plan in the majors listed above in the year of the scholarship award, may be eligible for a maximum of $500 per semester for tuition, fees, and books, not to exceed $2200 total annually.
- Candidates must maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on a 4.0 scale throughout any participation in the scholarship program.
All phases of the application process MUST be received by March 15 (before midnight CST), to be considered for a scholarship award.
Please note that the Shell Associate Scholarship Program for associate or technical degree students is the only scholarship opportunity for such students available through Shell & its subsidiaries and partners. Note: Students who meet all scholarship requirements are eligible to receive only one Shell Associate Scholarship per academic year.
In addition to the requirements listed above, candidates must complete the below steps to be considered for a scholarship for the following academic year.
Step 1: The Shell Associate Scholarship Program Questionnaire
- All Candidates must complete the Shell Associate Scholarship Questionnaire.
- The questionnaire may be started at any time, and you may save your progress prior to submission. Please wait to submit the questionnaire until you have attached all required materials (see Step 2).
- As a reminder, the deadline to submit all materials is March 15.
Step 2: Upload resume, transcripts, and degree plan
Candidates must upload their resume, Fall grade report, all unofficial transcript(s), and degree plan signed by a College Counselor or Advisor to their Shell Associate Scholarship Program Questionnaire. The degree plan is a list of classes designed to provide you with the foundational skills necessary to be successful at the entry level in a designated discipline. All candidates must upload their degree plan as an attachment.
Step 3: Selected applicants will be contacted by email for a phone interview
Selected candidates will be contacted by email and will be provided a schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview is the final step to be considered for the associate scholarship award.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2020. Scholarship checks will be sent to the College Foundation or Financial Aid office to be applied to the student’s account in the Fall of 2020.
Applicants with questions about the application process can contact Shell.
Shell contracts with International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) in Nashville, TN, to administer the scholarship payments and renewal processing. Scholarship recipients will be provided with contact information for ISTS upon confirmation of their scholarship award.
Shell reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, modify, or terminate the terms of the Shell Associate Scholarship Program at any time without providing notice.
More in Careers
Are you passionate about enhancing your career? Are you a professional with over 3 years experience? See how you can thrive in Shell’s collaborative and inclusive culture.
You may also be interested in
Shell is pleased to announce two scholarship programs which focus on developing talent in the engineering and geosciences fields.
This scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in two-year associate degree and technical disciplines.