As a Research Scientist/Engineer at Shell, you will work within our Projects & Technology (P&T) organization. Your contributions will be essential to creating a sustainable energy future.
The Shell Graduate Program
The Shell Graduate Program is designed to help you make the most of your potential, both professionally and personally. From day one, you’ll have a supervisor and mentor to help you establish and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining your career goals and how you’ll achieve them. This plan dictates how much time you’ll spend in the program, which can be anywhere from 2-3 years. Throughout this time, you’ll be placed in a wide range of hands-on roles with competence-building tasks; challenging and inspiring you to discover your strengths, develop your skills and broaden your experience in various real-world situations.
This program will also give you the opportunity to hone your expertise and leadership abilities and obtain industry-recognized qualifications through formal training courses, discipline-specific e-learning modules and world-class workshops. In addition, you’ll receive support from an international network of seasoned industry professionals. To monitor and track your performance in the program, your supervisor and mentor will conduct regular progress checks. Upon successful completion of your final review, you’ll be placed in the Shell Advanced Technical Program, which will prepare you for a more senior role at our company.
In this position, you’ll work in Product Development and support Shell’s R&D technology and manufacturing sites. Through your contributions, you’ll help us become the most competitive and innovative energy company in the world.
Roles and responsibilities
- Strong analytical and technical capabilities
- The ability to troubleshoot hardware and instrumentation
- The ability to manage interfaces with other disciplines
- Carrying out engineering R&D experimental plan within large-scale engineering test units and pilot plants
- Contributing to the development and implementation of engineering and technology solutions to particulate solids handling issues
- Managing and maintaining experimental facilities to ensure high availability and safe operations
- Organizing the operations of pilot plants for engineering R&D, and managing interfaces with extramural research parties for the execution of the engineering R&D programs
- Managing the interface between the group and site support team for engineering R&D activities
Training and development opportunities
The resources and learning opportunities available to you at Shell are some of the best in the industry. As a graduate curious to know more about your chosen field, you’ll benefit from a well-established learning and development program, fully aligned with the requirements for professional progression.
We aim to develop your competencies and capabilities in as short a time as possible, and enable you to make the most of the opportunities presented to you. You’ll receive regular progress checks from experienced professionals to ensure you are properly supported on your development path.