Corporate - External Relations
Be responsible in building and by leveraging the Shell Brand and reputation; and by making a positive impact on communities in which we work.
The purpose of External Relations is to create business value. We achieve this by building and leveraging our brand and reputation; and by making a positive impact on the communities and wider societies in which we work. All this is critical to maintaining our license to operate. And to grow.
External Relations provides strategic and tactical delivery in support of Shell’s lines of business at the asset and corporate levels and, in many cases, collaborates with global teams. The External Relations team uses an integrated approach involving the following teams: Stakeholder Relations, Internal Communications, Social Performance, Social Investment, Investor Relations, Media, Government Relations, Policy & Advocacy, and Creative Services. This approach encourages the utilization and development of a range of skills and tools while exposing team members to other related functions and their work.
- Provide strategic advice to business leaders on reputation opportunities and risks
- Ensure alignment with business, ER and IR objectives
- Develop and deliver communications strategy and planned activities – internal and external – for/with the business, IR, Media:
- Support global and business messaging activities to include the identification and management of non-technical risks
- Write new stories, releases, articles, briefings, web content
- Manage assigned reputation risk areas/portfolio projects
- Deliver internal communications
- Identify and support campaign-related opportunities as applicable
- Counsel leaders on external engagement programs and positioning with stakeholders
- Monitor and assess political, social and regulatory trends shaping the business environment
- Engage with Americas and Global ER peers to ensure alignment with strategies, goals, issues, initiatives, policies, activities, messaging and measurement