As a Construction Engineer at Shell, you’ll work within our Projects & Technology (P&T) organization to help build a sustainable energy future for the world. Our P&T organization collaborates with our Upstream and Downstream businesses to generate value for shareholders and commercial partners. Through your contributions, you’ll help make Shell’s operations better, faster, cheaper and safer than those of our competitors.
The Shell Graduate Program
The Shell Graduate Program is designed to help you make the most of your potential, both professionally and personally. From day one, you’ll have a supervisor and mentor to help you establish and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining your career goals and how you’ll achieve them. This plan dictates how much time you’ll spend in the program, which can be anywhere from 2 to 3 years. Throughout this time, you’ll be placed in a wide range of hands-on roles with competence-building tasks, challenging and inspiring you to discover your strengths, develop your skills and broaden your experience in various real-world situations.
This program will also give you the opportunity to hone your expertise and leadership abilities and obtain industry-recognized qualifications through formal training courses, discipline-specific e-learning modules and world-class workshops. In addition, you’ll receive support from an international network of seasoned industry professionals. To monitor and track your performance in the program, your supervisor and mentor will conduct regular progress checks. And upon successful completion of your final review, you’ll be placed in the Shell Advanced Technical Program, which will prepare you for a more senior role at our company.
Our Construction organization delivers world-class execution of floating systems for major projects, including safety, cost, schedule and technical integrity. These projects range from the early select phase to post-FID execution. A critical part of our success (including screening, delivery, operation and HSSE) involves the effective analysis, selection and execution of the most appropriate floating system strategy. As part of our extraordinary team, you’ll be responsible for providing construction input during the select and define phases and for planning and delivery during the development and execution phases.
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing communication systems, documentation controls and performance metrics for management
- Timely response to queries, non-conformance reports and change order requests between the site team, design team and fabricator
- Ensuring execution of work is in accordance with contractor construction engineering deliverables
- Ensuring HSSE and quality plans are implemented and overseeing resource/staff verification personnel to ensure compliance
- Interfacing with the fabrication lead and inspectors to ensure adherence to performance standards, drawings and specifications
- Coordinating input from design teams, installation contractors and operations staff to ensuring proper implementation subject to prevailing management of change procedures
- Providing construction input to development teams during the early stages of projects
- Supporting the development of execution strategies, including contract strategies, government structures, project organization, management frameworks and procedures, baseline plans and budgets
- Supporting tender preparation, pre-qualification, tender, bid evaluation and clarification efforts for major contracts
- Ensuring strict adherence to project quality, health, safety, environmental, cost and schedule guidelines in construction environments
- Participating in constructability reviews of designs, incorporating previous lessons learned
- Performing construction activities such as fabrication, loadout, integration, transport, installation and hook-up in accordance with cost, schedule, quality and HSSE targets
Training and development opportunities
In your learning journey at Shell, you’ll spend 2 to 3 years building your competence through hands-on projects. You will also participate in formal education courses with the support and guidance of technical coaches, and you will have regular progress checks to ensure you stay on track.