Your Polymer Supplier Should Do More Than Supply Resin: Introducing (Real)ationships
Getting resin from a polymer supplier is vital to converters, obviously. But what about honesty? An open ear to your concerns? A long-term commitment to your business?
That’s what (Real)ationships bring, along with the latest resin shipment: a real, honest-to-goodness connection between supplier and converter that goes beyond the transactional and supports customer success.
How do (Real)ationships work at Shell Polymers? Let’s find out:
First, We Listened to Converters
Before starting to supply resin and build more meaningful connections with customers, Shell Polymers listened to converters from across the country about what they needed from polymer suppliers to understand their challenges and opportunities – and plan related solutions.
That didn’t stop when we started operations. We plan to use the same strategies of industry-leading companies in other sectors that listen to their customers, analyze their words and experiences, and turn that data into solutions that help our customers, now and always.
Our goal is to bring you high-quality resin AND a tailor-fit customer experience. It doesn’t have to be a choice of one or the other.
Next, We Built Processes to Empower Customers
What we do, and how and why we do it, has been built around the idea of (Real)ationships. We wanted to make it simple for converters to do business with us and to follow their product orders from start to finish.
To those ends, Shell Polymers created its plant, procedures, and teams organized around what works best for converters. To put customers first, Shell Polymers offers:
- A new convenient Northeastern polyethylene plant location in Monaca, Pennsylvania that puts a polymer supplier near the majority of plastics manufacturers.
- GPS tracking of railcars so converters can see shipping progress in near real-time through a digital Customer Hub.
- Customer Relationship Coordinators (CRCs) who monitor orders and proactively ID issues.
We want to give converters the accessibility and advocacy they need to get the most out of their shipments for better business outcomes.
Then, We Added a Human Touch
(Real)ationships only work if people work together. So, we’re putting our people out front to put people – our customers – first. For instance:
- Our leadership is changing the polymer supplier-converter relationship by putting the needs of our customers at the center of everything we do.
- Our technical experts are passionate industry leaders who can help support customers with their breadth of knowledge and industry experience.
- And our CRCs give every customer a real person with whom they can talk about real challenges and get real answers.
With Shell Polymers, converters get more than just supply. They get a support team they can talk to – and trust.
Now, Are You Ready For a (Real)ationship?
Does this sound appealing to you?
We encourage you to further explore (Real)ationships, how they’re changing what to expect from a polymer supplier, and what they can do for you. Our new guide, Transforming Customer Experiences into (Real)ationships, goes deeper into how we work with and for you.
You can download your free copy below: