Shell will introduce a group Medicare Advantage PPO plan for 2018 that will provide broad national coverage like our traditional Medicare Complementary plan, but at lower premiums and with convenient copay-based coverage for many health care services.
The new plan, insured by UnitedHealthcare®, provides all the benefits of original Medicare (Parts A and B) and includes:
- lower out-of-pocket costs with no annual deductible; coinsurance is replaced with fixed-dollar copays for many services such as physician office visits, inpatient hospitalization and urgent care;
- access to UnitedHealthcare’s broad national network of Medicare Advantage providers;
- the ability to see both in- and out-of-network providers and pay the same cost share (as long as they accept the plan and have not opted out of Medicare);
- access to registered nurses to address your health concerns 24 hours a day; and
- additional health and wellness programs, such as SilverSneakers® , not currently covered under the Medicare Complementary plan.
Retirees and dependents who are currently enrolled in the Medicare Complementary plan and who meet Medicare’s eligibility criteria for enrollment into a Medicare Advantage plan will automatically be enrolled into the new Shell Medicare Advantage PPO plan for 2018. Note that prescription drug coverage under the plan will be administered through SilverScript® and is the same as the coverage available today.
To learn more, plan on attending an education meeting in October (Education Meeting Invite), and read the announcement brochure and frequently asked questions that were mailed to eligible retirees and dependents.