Our top priority will always be to operate safely and in an environmentally sound manner while remaining economically competitive and creating high-quality jobs for our employees and contractors – now and for generations to come. We are proud to operate in such a special place, and we’re dedicated to powering progress in our community!
Safety always comes first
- Everyone at the refinery receives safety training from their first day on the job onward.
- We won the Meritorious Safety Performance Award from the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers two years in a row.
- We maintain our own in-plant fire, hazmat, medical and oil spill response crews with modern equipment and roughly 135 employees who are trained to respond to emergencies.
- We have invested more than $250 million over the last 10 years on personal and process safety improvements across the site.
We are dedicated to protecting the environment where we operate
- The refinery has invested more than $500 million over the past 15 years to meet and exceed environmental regulatory requirements and to improve the site’s overall environmental performance.
- In 2017, the refinery contributed $250,000 to the National Fish & Wildlife Foundation in support of killer whale research and habitat conservation.
- The refinery is certified by the third-party International Standards Organization (ISO14001), which is recognized as the global benchmark for measuring an organization’s environmental management and performance.
- The refinery installed a wet gas scrubber in 2006 that reduces its sulfur dioxide emissions by over 90%.