Main content | back to top
PRODUCTS: Purchase "smart" products and services at the right price without sacrificing quality.
Shell knows customers are already looking for ways to save at the pump without sacrificing quality. Shell offers high-quality fuels, a variety of friendly Shell-branded smarter payment options, and industry leading loyalty alliance programs to help you protect your engine while you drive and save on your fuel purchases.
Choose a high-quality gasoline
A “clean” engine runs more efficiently so it’s important to use the right products. Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines clean and protect intake valves and fuel injectors from performance robbing gunk that lower quality gasolines can leave behind.
This build-up can negatively impact engine performance, vehicle responsiveness and reduce fuel flow, which can lead to reduced fuel economy. The patented Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System is designed to work in all vehicle types, both modern and conventional. No other gasoline protects better.
Choose a payment method that saves you money
There is a Shell branded card for you regardless of your payment preference, income, and lifestyle. From our non-credit options to our most premier platinum rewards card, Shell branded cards provide you with a smart, convenient and easy way to pay at Shell. Many of our cards also have a built in savings component to help you lower the cost of driving without lowering the quality of your fuel.
- Shell $aver CardSM: The perfect choice when you don't want to use credit. Get everyday savings of two cents-per-gallon on all your purchases of Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines and Shell Diesel. For more information, go to www.shell.us/savercard.
- Shell Drive for Five CardSM: Get five cents-per-gallon savings on all three grades of Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline and Shell Diesel when you purchase at least 45 gallons in a month, up to 100 gallons. For more information, go to www.shell.us/driveforfive.
- Shell Platinum MasterCard: It’s easy to save money on your monthly Shell fuel expenses when you use your Shell Platinum Select MasterCard for of all your everyday expenses like groceries, dry cleaning, cell phone bills, fuel, and more. Make qualifying purchases of at least $500 in a billing cycle and you will be eligible for gasoline and/or diesel savings. For more information, go to www.shell.us/cards.
Make the most of EVERYDAY purchases
Shell offers a variety of smarter, industry leading loyalty alliance programs that help you turn everyday purchases into fuel savings at the pump.
- Fuel Rewards Network™ Program - Since the program’s launch in 2012, the Fuel Rewards Network™ (FRN) program – owned and operated by Excentus – has rolled out to nearly 200 markets across the U.S. allowing consumers to earn rewards that can be redeemed for savings on high quality fuel at participating Shell stations.
The FRN™ program goes beyond traditional loyalty programs by providing multiple ways to earn rewards on everyday purchases like food, clothing, and household goods, with some savvy program members paying as little as just $.01 per gallon. On average, FRN™ members save $0.32 per gallon. Learn more about this rewards program and sign up today at fuelrewards.com.
- Grocery Rewards Program - Shell has teamed-up with leading grocers providing shoppers the opportunity to save on fuels by using their existing grocer loyalty card in more than 130 markets across the U.S. Customers have the opportunity to redeem their grocer loyalty points to earn savings instantly at participating Shell stations. Learn more and find participating grocers at www.shell.us/grocery.
Use the recommended grade of oil
To help extend a vehicle’s life, consumers should change their engine oil regularly with a quality motor oil that meets the latest API specifications using the oil grade and drain interval recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer. Look for motor oil that says "Energy Conserving" on the API performance symbol to be sure it contains friction-reducing additives.
According to www.fueleconomy.gov, following your manufacturer’s motor oil recommendation can improve gasoline mileage by up to 2%, minimize emissions and potentially save money by preventing repair costs for engine damage.*
For example, Pennzoil Platinum SAE 0W-20 full synthetic is designed for advanced engine technology – including turbo-charged engines and smaller, more-efficient engines built with tighter tolerances – for which many manufacturers require low-viscosity motor oils to protect metal parts from wear and heat.