Last updated as of April 30, 2015
Types of Information
The following are descriptions of the types of information we may acquire from or about you:
- We may receive and store any Personally Identifiable Information and other information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, such as by searching on the Excentus Sites, creating an account, enrolling in our programs, communicating with us by phone, email, text or otherwise, interacting with Excentus and our affiliates through social media accounts or pages, completing a registration form, Excentus questionnaire or contest entry form, providing reviews, using specific features of your mobile device or otherwise interacting with Excentus and/or the Excentus Sites, and/or by contacting Excentus.
- We may automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Examples of such information include your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the name of your Internet service provider, the referring link through which you accessed the Excentus Sites, pages visited on the Excentus Sites, technical information to assist with fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes, and access times, as well as email addresses, passwords, and the phone number you used to call our customer support number. The most common sources of this information include cookies (including flash cookies as described in more detail below), web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), pixel tags or clear Graphics Interchange Format files, known as GIFs. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Excentus Sites and services that depend on cookies.
- We may use Flash LSOs (also known as flash cookies) and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Excentus Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Excentus Sites or our online content.
- We may collect information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may collect information to verify and update mailing addresses. In addition, if you apply for a Fuel Rewards®MasterCard®, we obtain limited information about you from the administrator of our co-brand credit card program.
- We may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device if you use one of our mobile applications.
- To help us make emails more pertinent to you, we may receive confirmation that the email has been opened and which links you click in an email.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” means information that identifies you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and payment card number. We use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us for such purposes as responding to your requests or questions, providing customer support, improving our services, communicating with you, providing you with information that we believe would interest you, or providing you with information about important functionality changes to our programs and the Excentus Sites. The Personally Identifiable Information enables us to conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services and provide anonymous or aggregated reporting. It also enables us to customize and enhance the Excentus Sites, customize the content you see, administer sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys and make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues.
Use of other information
Other information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as: browser information; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; demographic information and other information provided by you; information from other sources including updated address information; and aggregated information, including aggregated Personally Identifiable Information and aggregated transaction data that has been aggregated so that no single individual is identifiable. We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine other information with Personally Identifiable Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personally Identifiable Information as long as it is so combined.
Use of Google Analytics
Third Party Advertising Services
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Excentus Sites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Excentus Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like to learn more about this practice, including your choices with respect to it, please visit http://www.youradchoices.com/learn.aspx and http://www.aboutads.info/.
Social Media Interactions
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use social media or a bulletin board or chat room on an Excentus Sites, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Information, including Personally Identifiable Information, you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Excentus is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Excentus will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
Disclosure of information
If you register a Fuel Rewards® Program card at www.fuelrewards.com, we will provide your Personally Identifiable Information to Shell Oil Products, US and its affiliated companies and their respective advertising, promotions and public relations companies. Use of such Personally Identifiable Information by Shell is subject to the Shell® Fuel Rewards® program Terms & Conditions.
If you link your MasterCard, Visa, or American Express branded card (a “Linked Card”) to your Fuel Rewards® Program account, pursuant to your consent when linking your payment card, we will provide to MasterCard, Visa, or American Express, as applicable, (each, a “Payment Card Network”) your Linked Card number and your Fuel Rewards® Program account number solely to enable the applicable Payment Card Network to identify your account and provide transaction information to Excentus regarding transactions made with your Linked Card at merchants who participate in the Fuel Rewards® Program, which may include a unique user identification associated with your Linked Card, as well as transaction amount, date and time, and name and location of merchant. In addition, if you register for an offer that allows you to earn Rewards using your Linked Card (“Card Linked Offer”), MasterCard, Visa or American Express, as applicable, may share with Excentus details (including certain transaction data such as: date, time, merchant name and location, and amount) for your purchases and returns at Participants, so that Excentus can administer your Rewards and administer the Card Linked offer.
Excentus may engage third party marketers (“Third Party Marketers”) to introduce the Fuel Rewards® Program to potential merchants who may want to provide card-link enabled offers to you as part of the Fuel Rewards® Program. Excentus and these merchants may provide such Third Party Marketers transaction data (e.g., merchant ID, merchant location ID, last 4 digits of your registered payment card, dollar amount cleared and settled, and date of the settled transaction). The Third Party Marketer may use this transaction data for the sole purpose of invoicing the merchants for card-link enabled offers you participate in, and may not use this information for any other purpose.
Providing payment card information to us is not required for participation in the Fuel Rewards® Program; however, linking a payment card and providing payment card information is a requirement to receive card-link enabled offers and to participate in the Fuel Rewards® Dining Program.
We provide Personally Identifiable Information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. Examples of such services include providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, and providing customer service. These third parties are bound by law or by contract to protect the Personally Identifiable Information and have access to Personally Identifiable Information needed to perform their functions and for no other purpose.
Excentus may report on statistical information relating to the Excentus products and services on the Excentus Sites, through email or other social media including anonymous or aggregated information about consumer and Member activity. Such reporting may include displaying your first name, last initial, and city and state of residence.
Excentus may provide aggregated demographic and statistical information to others for purposes of profiling activity, targeting personalized offers, marketing, promotion or similar activities. None of these statistics will identify users by name.
Excentus may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any content of an Excentus Site violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Excentus, its users, Members and the public.
Members and the public
Excentus may provide your necessary Personally Identifiable Information to third party providers of products and services you request from or through us.
If Excentus becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization or any form of sale or other disposition of some or all of its assets, Personally Identifiable Information may be provided or transferred to the entities involved in such transactions.
Linked Internet websites and other platforms
The Excentus Sites provide hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that, when clicked, take you to other websites not controlled by us ("Linked Sites"). These Linked Sites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. In addition, if you use a social media platform or your mobile device or other method of communication to interact with Excentus or the Excentus Sites, these applications also have privacy provisions that govern the use of Personally Identifiable Information related to that application. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information or other information collected through Linked Sites, social media platforms, mobile devices or other methods of communication, and we expressly disclaim any and all liabilities related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
Browser Do Not Track Signals
Although the Excentus Sites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we do offer our customers choices to manage their preferences that are provided in the previous sections above. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Protection of your Personally Identifiable Information
Excentus takes precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - designed to safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your Personally Identifiable Information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at 972-793-6800.
Access to information
You may access and correct the Personally Identifiable Information in your user profile by logging into your account and changing the information in your user profile. You may also request changes to your account by clicking the "Contact Us" tab on the Excentus Sites and submitting your request to the Excentus Member Support Helpdesk. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by editing your profile.
Options for communications
You may receive certain promotional communications from us that may include advertisements from third parties. If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive promotional communications from Excentus, you may opt-out of the receipt of such promotional communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each email or by emailing our Member Support Helpdesk. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, you may receive promotional communications that were already in process prior to receipt of our request. We reserve the right to send out certain communications relating to membership information, and administrative messages that are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Although the primary purpose of these emails is not to provide you with promotional communications, they may contain within them some promotional communications.
Children and Minors
The Excentus Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Excentus Sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Excentus Corporation who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at:
14241 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas, 75254 USA
Attn: General Counsel
14241 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, Texas, 75254 USA
Copyright © 2012–2015 Excentus Corporation. All rights reserved.