Main content | back to top
Supplier Diversity Policy
Shell and Motiva are committed to the economic development of businesses owned and operated by ethnic minorities and women, as well as small, disadvantaged and underutilized businesses as defined by the Small Business Act of 2006 and by the Small Business Administration.
It is our policy to actively engage in efforts that increase supplier inclusion. Through Shell’s Supplier Diversity Program, we develop mutually beneficial relationships with under-represented minority-owned, women-owned and disadvantaged business enterprises (MWDBEs) and small businesses, facilitating the sustained growth of those firms that are an integral part of the communities in which we do business.
These entrepreneurs broaden market competition, spur innovation and creative approaches to problem solving, and enhance our capability to manage our businesses through all economic cycles. Overall, these entrepreneurs create a thriving, diverse business climate.
Therefore, Shell’s commitment is:
- To recognize local content as a business imperative, and inclusion of MWDBEs and small businesses as critical components of local content and sustainable development.
- To encourage strategies, processes, and behaviors consistent with diversity and inclusion in our procurement practices.
- To apply the Five Behavioral Imperatives to our business processes to deliver sustainable practices in Supplier Diversity.
- To support Capacity Building opportunities for MWDBEs.
- To leverage opportunities with our prime suppliers to further inclusion of MWDBEs in 2nd Tier contracting.
Shell embraces the inclusion of MWDBEs because we believe that taking a broader, more integrated approach to our business not only reflects our values, but also will create value and provide us with a competitive advantage.
The VP of U.S. Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for facilitating the implementation of this policy. Shell’s Economic Development Council, and the Supplier Diversity Office, support the VP of U.S. D&I through the development of inclusive strategies and processes with the assistance of all Shell and Motiva leaders and employees to meet our Supplier Diversity aspirations.
Marvin Odom, President, Shell Oil Company and Executive Vice President Shell Exploration & Production, the Americas