How to play:
Solve the clues and get the most points!
Teams demonstrate that they have “solved” a clue by taking a team selfie with the “solution” of the clue in the background. For example, if the solution to a clue is a plaque on a building, to get points, the picture must contain the plaque and one of your team members.
- All images that a team turns in must be on the same device (phone or camera) for the team to get credit.
- The same person or people must be in each photo of the solution.
- Hunters may use smartphones, call friends and family, or whatever other means they need to solve the clues except following other Hunters.
Registration - Becoming a Hunter:
Teams of 2 or more are required. Have a member of your team fill out the form below to be your “team leader.” All participant teams must register online by 11:59 PM on April 28, 2017. To sign up, simply fill out the form below and then follow @shell_ecomar on Twitter for more information.
On the day of the event, April 29, please show up to the Shell Ecomarathon Registration table just outside Hall A in Cobo center at least 30 minutes before the official event start at 11:00AM EST. We will be available to review the rules of The Shell Eco-marathon Americas Hunt with all Hunters prior to the start of the scavenger hunt.
The Starting Line:
At 11:00AM EST, The Shell Eco-marathon Americas Hunt organizers will start the event by checking in teams and handing out the clues.
Each clue has a point value. There are also some fun activities thrown in to earn a team extra credit.
When finished, teams return to the check in table and an event volunteer reviews their photos (all on a single device) to “score” the team. Teams that do not check back in before 2:30PM EST will be disqualified.
- 1st Place: $500 Shell gas cards
- 2nd Place: $300 Shell gas cards
- 3rd Place: $200 Shell gas cards
Other participants will be eligible for a random drawing for other prizes like Tigers tickets, The Henry Ford membership, Yeti mugs, and more!