Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals.
We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Shell Internship Program
Shell’s Assessed Internships consist of well-defined projects with clear objectives and deliverables that will allow you to work with a number of interesting and stimulating colleagues on projects that have a real business impact. You will gain valuable experience and skills to equip you for your future working career.
Our internships are carefully framed to allow you to benefit from regular performance evaluation and feedback throughout your time with us. We believe that looking at past and present behavior is a useful tool in understanding and predicting an individual’s future performance.
Taking part in a Shell Internship is a way for you to discover what Shell has to offer as an employer, and for us to see if you have what it takes to become a part of Shell. You will benefit from regular performance reviews that will enable you to enhance your strengths, while continuously building upon your development areas. Shell’s Internships are designed to help you:
- Put into practice theories and concepts learned in the classroom
- Discover the strengths and development areas of your work-related skills, through constructive feedback, evaluation and supervision
- Improve general business competencies, including communication, team-building, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Gain exposure to the energy industry and related issues
- Build valuable networks for future career options
- Discover potential job areas, fields of specialization or areas of future study
Following a successful internship, you could be offered a place on our Graduate Program.
What we look for:
We are looking for ambitious students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and meet the following criteria:
- To be eligible for an Internship, you should be an actively enrolled student who will complete at least one more semester of education following your internship.
- You must have a minimum Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 3.20
- Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
As part of our process to identify remarkable individuals, we use a competency-based assessment methodology which focuses on Capacity, Achievement and Relationships (CAR).
- We’re looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
- We want driven high-achievers full of curiosity, self-confidence and organizational skills.
- We’re searching for strong communicators who work well within a team, respect others and encourage and support colleagues.
Shell will match you to a particular role based on your skills as they align to your selected Shell Business Areas. (Please find more explanation of Shell Business Areas.)
Discover what you can achieve at Shell.
Minority, Female, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.
Apply for this opportunity