What we look for in an ideal candidate
- Safety-conscious, detail-oriented team player
- Mechanically inclined
- Has or can obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Must be enrolled within 12 months of graduating or have graduated no more than 24 months prior to application, with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the following areas of study:
- Associate Degree from an accredited program in
- Process/Production Technology (Oil & Gas Technology, Process Technology, Production Technology, Integrated Production Technology, etc.)
- Petroleum Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Technology (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, etc.)
- Mechanical (Compressor Technology, Diesel Maintenance, Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Technology)
For some vacancies, we conduct pre-employment assessments to identify job-specific behaviors required for our positions. Candidates who are selected for these assessments will be notified via e-mail and sent an Online Assessment (OLA) link. Some candidates may then be invited to a proctored, skill-based assessment after having passed the OLA. Candidates who are selected for the skill-based assessment will be notified via email and sent an invitation to self-schedule an appointment.
Please note that if you have successfully completed our test battery in the past 5 years, you are not required to re-test; we will have your successful scores on file. If you have been unsuccessful, you will not be permitted to take the assessment within 4 months of your last assessment date.
Those candidates most closely meeting the hiring requirements will be contacted to schedule an interview. If you are selected, you will be sent an e-mail requesting you to register yourself for the interview time that works best for you. Those who are not selected will also be sent an e-mail notification. The interview is behavioral based and may also include a technical component
At the completion of the Testing Phase, candidates who meet the minimum test score requirement will be assessed and those who most closely meet Shell’s hiring criteria will be forwarded to the Operations Hiring Team for review.
Candidates selected to receive a "Conditional Internship Offer" will receive an offer package and detailed instructions on the steps required to be completed. You should focus your efforts on completing all requirements as quickly as possible. Candidates who do not successfully complete all of the required background, medical and reference checks prior to the start of the internship may not be permitted to begin the internship.