You could be looking to get a taste of the Shell business, or you might want to apply the skills you gained in your degree to take on the challenges of a global organization. Either way, your personal development will always be of the utmost importance to us.
MBA and PhD
If you're studying for or have recently obtained an MBA or PhD degree, Shell has a whole host of opportunities open for you.
As a MBA graduate you could take an accelerated career path that puts you in line for a role as one of Shell's future leaders. Your ability to inspire and motivate, look at problems differently and provide imaginative solutions is more important than your background and experiences.
And as a high-performing MBA with broad international commercial experience, you'll have the opportunity to take on and solve some of the world's greatest challenges.
Why Join Shell as a MBA?
The demand for energy is growing faster than at any time in history, and the challenge of securing the future of the world's energy supplies has never been tougher.
Join us at Shell, and from day one you'll have the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly diverse range of people on projects that encourage you to use your knowledge and skills in original and imaginative ways.
Your leadership skills, project management experience and international exposure are important to us, as is your ability to create a shared vision and innovative solutions.
You'll have real responsibility from day one, the sort of responsibility that makes the most of your intelligence, focus and dependability.
Selection Criteria and Application Process for MBAs
There are three routes MBA graduates can take into Shell:
1. Accelerated MBA Program: Candidates for these positions should be pursuing their MBA in a full-time program and have a minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience between finishing their undergraduate degree and starting their MBA. Internships do not qualify as work experience. Part-time, online, or night MBA programs are not considered. Successful candidates will have the ability to take calculated risks for the betterment of an organization. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate a broad commercial mindset, strong leadership skills, and have analytical and implementation experience. Some experiences that we look for (but are not limited too):
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- International exposure
For these “Accelerated MBA” positions, search our Experienced Professional job listings. Experienced MBA candidates should apply directly to the job posting to attend a MBA Shell Recruitment Day.
2. MBA Full-Time Graduate: Undergraduates pursuing their MBA degree and MBA graduates with less than 3 years’ experience should apply to the Shell Graduate Program to be considered for full-time graduate roles. Assessments for MBA positions feature case studies and presentations, and are designed to assess your potential for leadership by exploring how you may react in different business scenarios. To apply for an MBA position, click on Shell Graduate Program, go to 2017 Employment Opportunities – United States, and follow the application instructions.
3. MBA Internship: This will give you first-hand experience of Shell as an employer, and exposure to a range of real-life business projects. Building valuable experience, skills and knowledge, you'll benefit from detailed feedback, get to see what the energy industry is like from the inside, and be fully assessed during your time with us. Our Assessed Internship application is currently closed. Please check back on August 15, 2017 to submit an application for an MBA Internship.
Why Join Shell as a PhD?
Experience the excitement of working for a company that's on the forefront of technology, and enjoy the challenge of being part of an organization that's developing alternative fuels, such as hydrogen and wind power. At Shell, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Most importantly, you will enjoy a meaningful, satisfying career in one of the greatest companies in the world!
Selection Criteria and Application Process
There are three routes PhD graduates can take into Shell:
- Experienced PhDs: Candidates for these positions should be pursuing their PhD in a full-time program and have a minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience between finishing their undergraduate degree and starting their PhD. Check out our Experienced PhD job listings.
- PhD Full-Time Graduate: Students pursuing their PhD degree and recent PhD graduates with less than 3 years experience should apply to the Shell Graduate Program to be considered for full-time graduate roles. Assessments for PhD positions feature case studies and project presentations, and are designed to assess your potential for leadership by exploring how you may react in different business scenarios. To apply for a PhD position, click on Shell Graduate Program, go to 2017 Employment Opportunities – United States, and follow the application instructions.
- PhD Internship: Provided you're in your final two years of study, you could join Shell for up to 10 weeks in the U.S. Our internship program includes field trips, social activities and opportunities to interface with management and global team members. Taking part in the Shell Internship program is a way for you to discover what Shell has to offer as an employer and for us to see if you have what it takes to become a part of Shell. Our Assessed Internship application is currently closed. Please check back on August 15, 2017 to submit an application for a PhD Internship.