The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex by the day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk.
We recruit across a number of different roles within Production Engineering. Here’s a general overview of our business.
What we do
Shell Production Engineers are involved with every stage of our production: from the point at which hydrocarbons flow into the well, right through the production facilities, to the final point of sale.
Progressing your career in Production Engineering
When you join Shell Production Engineering we’ll offer you a wide range of training and development opportunities, as well as the chance to hone your engineering skills. You’ll also improve your commercial acumen and develop your team working skills.
As a Shell Production Engineer you can expect to be involved in:
- Operating and maintaining existing wells and facilities to high integrity standards
- Developing and improving operating standards and guidelines
- Managing day-to-day operations, with strong focus on safety and environmental issues
- Well, Reservoir and Facility management - optimizing the performance of all fields and facilities
- Balancing day-to-day operational priorities with longer-term strategic objectives
- Field development planning and Project support
- Commissioning and startup of major projects
- Logistics for Major Projects and existing fields
- Managing contracts and the performance of contractors within an oil and gas field operations