Main content | back to top
News and Media Releases
Tropical Storm Isaac Update #18
Shell and Motiva are in the process of safely re-starting their manufacturing and distribution operations in impacted areas along the U.S Gulf Coast in the aftermath of hurricane/TS Isaac. Inspections and assessments continue at certain facilities, the outcome of which will determine the time line for a return to full operations.
The following is the current status of our manufacturing and distribution facilities:
- Mobile, AL continues to operate at reduced rates.
- Refinery at Norco, LA has begun to re-start some units while other units are operating at reduced rates. The chemical plant continues to operate at reduced rates.
- Convent, LA continues its post-storm startup process and is expected to operate certain units at reduced rates over thee next few days while some electrical power issues are resolved.
- Geismar, LA is continuing the process of re-starting its units.
- Capline (Shell operated) pipeline re-started on August 30 and Ho-Ho pipeline re-started on August 31.
- Sections of the offshore Gulf pipeline network have restarted with remaining sections expected to come online over the next few days.
- Product terminals have re-opened and are supplying wholesalers with product.
During this period of inspection, assessment and restart of operations, our top priority is the safety of our personnel and the community and to minimize impacts on the environment and to our customers.