Main content | back to top
News and Media Releases
Hurricane Isaac - Check-in activated: August 29, 2012
Shell and Motiva employees who live or work in the areas affected by Isaac along the Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama coast (including New Orleans, Norco, Geismar, Convent, Port Allen, Mobile, etc.) should report their status by calling (866) 745-5489 or (877) 40-SHELL from any phone, or online at http://www.shell.us/help. Please also check in with your supervisor. Contractors should contact their employer.
We ask for your patience if the line is busy.
When you call, you will be asked for the following information:
- Employee ID number
- Primary residence phone number
- MOBL number loaded in Shell People
- TEL2 number loaded in Shell People
- Call back number or email address
- Status update (lodging, etc.)
The check in process does take a few minutes to complete, however the information gathered is important to confirm the safety and support requirements of our staff. Our goal is to hear from all impacted personnel within 24 hours.
Once check-in is complete and employee needs have been assessed, a determination will be made regarding which, if any, specific benefits may be offered to assist employees.
As a reminder, business and facility updates can always be accessed at (866) 745-5489 or (877) 40-SHELL through Options 6 & 7 and at http://www.shell.us/help.
In addition, some sites may make information available through:
- Intranet: http://sww.shell.com/us/
- Internet: http://www.shell.us/help
- Twitter: follow @shell_stormctr
- Shell Notification System (SNS): All staff with a Shell provided email account have had their business contact details automatically imported into SNS. If you wish to receive office closure messages on your personal devices (e.g. home phone, personal cell phone), please enter these details in SNS. Information on this tool and process is available in Appendix B of the Shell and Motiva Emergency Preparedness and Office Closure Procedures document.