Main content | back to top
Deer Park Manufacturing Site
With the new contract now in place, we will use a systematic and methodical approach to bring remaining represented employees back to work
A four-year labor agreement was reached at the national bargaining table on March 12 with the United Steelworkers (USW), the labor union that represents Shell Deer Park’s hourly employees. Local union members at our Shell Deer Park Site voted to ratify the labor agreement on Thursday, March 19.
With the new contract now in place, we will use a systematic and methodical approach to bring employees back to work. All hourly employees will receive a letter in the next few days with their individual details for returning to work in addition to information on participation in a mandatory orientation session. If a represented employee did not receive a letter by Monday, March 23, they should contact their Supervisor by Tuesday, March 24 to learn about return-to-work plans. We look forward to all remaining employees returning to work, in a phased approach by the end of the month.
Deer Park Refinery Update
- 03/16/2015 Plans underway for reuniting our Shell Deer Park family
- 03/13/2015 Employee Update from Barry Klein, Shell Deer Park Site GM
- 03/11/2015 Strong business performance in February
- 03/05/2015 Deer Park Employees Exercise Their Rights
- 03/02/2015 VP letter to staff: Shell moves to business as usual despite USW strike
- 02/27/2015 Shell shares reminder of what’s at stake in 2015 labor negotiations
- 02/26/2015 Shell and USW 2015 Oil Bargaining - Just The Facts: Update
- 02/23/2015 Thank you to our extended family, from Barry Klein, Site GM
- 02/19/2015 Frequently Asked Questions about the USW strike and negotiations
- 02/12/2015 Shell Deer Park refinery remains focused on safety and continues to operate as part of the normal course of business
- 02/11/2015 Shell Deer Park refinery continues to operate safely at planned production rates
- 02/09/2015 Strike update from Shell Deer Park
- 02/06/2015 Shell and USW 2015 Oil Bargaining - Just The Facts
- 02/03/2015 Update from Barry: Picketer incident on Shell Deer Park property
- 02/01/2015 Employee Update from Barry Klein, Shell Deer Park Site GM
- 02/01/2015 Pay and Benefit Plan During a Strike
- 02/01/2015 Pay and Benefits During a Strike FAQ’s
Shell Deer Park is a 1,500-acre complex located in Deer Park, Texas, approximately 20 miles east of downtown Houston along the Houston Ship Channel. Founded in 1929, Shell Deer Park is now home to 1,700 employees who operate a fully integrated refinery and petrochemical facility 24 hours a day.