Main content | back to top
Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship
Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students (2014-2015 Academic Year)
Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program to under-represented students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to four years or until bachelor degree requirements are met, whichever occurs first. Scholarship recipients are notified during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified. Please refer to the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship Renewal Section.
To qualify you must:
- Be lawfully authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States without any form of sponsorship.
- Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year as of the Fall 2014 semester. If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), you will not be eligible for a scholarship that semester.
- You must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions .
- Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout your participation in the program.
- Major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics; chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Be a member of at least one of the following under-represented minorities: Black (Not of Hispanic Origin), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
- Pass all components of the Shell application & assessment process including completion of either a face-to-face or telephone interview. (only applies to sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year applicants)
All phases of the application process MUST be completed and received by April 14, 2014, to be considered for the scholarship award.
Please note that the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is one of two scholarship opportunities available through Shell & its subsidiaries and partners. Note: Students are eligible to receive only one Shell scholarship (either the Shell Incentive Fund or the Shell Technical Scholarship).