Shell Deer Park will consider charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations for select programs that fall within our focused areas of contributions.
- Education / Workforce Development - We support local school districts, with primary focus on Deer Park, Pasadena and La Porte, for a variety of educational initiatives. Special attention is paid to K-12 programs that boost math and science skills to prepare future industry workforce. Requests that demonstrate broad student body impact is favored over smaller club activities.
- Health and Human Services - The health and safety of Shell employees and our neighbors are of utmost importance to us. We are committed to supporting programs that help advance and sustain the good health and well-being of local residents, particularly disadvantaged or at-risk members of the community.
- Environment - Protecting the environment is a top priority of our site and its employees. As part of this commitment, we support local projects that promote environmental stewardship, including restoration and protection of critical ecosystems and support for wildlife conservation and/or habitat projects.
- Civic and Community - We fund a broad array of local community outreach projects. These projects range from local neighborhood improvement efforts and economic development to emergency communications and industry initiatives.
- Culture and the Arts - To ensure a thriving arts environment and help foster creativity and inspiration to aspiring performers, we support local theater and musical productions and programs that cultivate appreciation and patronage of the arts.
Shell Deer Park will place priority on charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations in nearby communities, including Deer Park, Pasadena, La Porte, and North Channel.
Note: Any donation requests from geographic areas outside of these communities may be considered by Shell Corporate Social Investment.
Shell Deer Park supports a wide range of charitable organizations that are tax-exempt in the United States, under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. However, we will not be able to consider contributions for the following purposes:
- Private foundations
- Non-profit organizations without a current 501(c)(3) exempt status
- Conferences, workshops, or seminars not directly related to Shell business interests
- Religious organizations that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Organizations located in or benefiting nations other than U.S. and its territories
Unsolicited proposals are reviewed on a regular basis. We regret that, due to the large volume of requests that Shell Deer Park receives, we are not able to fund every proposal.
Submit an Application
If your request falls within our focused areas of contribution and meets our eligibility requirements, please submit your proposal via our online grant application. You must complete all required fields in order for your request to be considered. Your application should include a brief statement describing the mission of your organization, amount requested (including budget information for the specific project), and the purpose of the contribution. If your request is granted, please be prepared to submit an IRS statement that validates your organizations 501(c)3 tax status.
Effective January 1, 2011, Shell Deer Park will only accept electronic proposals for community funding requests. Please allow up to sixty (60) days for a final decision.
Online Grant Form www.shell.us/grant